Television dating shows can be a source of entertainment, suspense, and inspiration.
Even though the relationships formed in matchmaking reality shows seldom last, the best dating reality shows have been running for as many as twenty seasons! Clearly, they’re popular with viewing audiences and continue to be binge-worthy.
Part of the appeal is the incredible destinations the shows feature. These filming locations from Boston to Bali can be a great source of inspiration for your own romantic getaway.
So, let’s look at some of the incredible destinations you’ll see on your favorite television dating show. Even if the finally isn’t an “I do,” your couples trip to any one of these places is sure to be dreamy.
Continue reading below so you can plan an unforgettable, romantic vacation for two.
CONTENTS — In this article you will learn about vacationing like a reality TV star to amazing destinations, including:
- Best Television Dating Show Destinations
- 1. Fiji
- 2. Mexico
- 3. Bali
- 4. Puerto Rico
- 5. Thailand
- 6. Dominican Republic
- 7. New York City, New York
- 8. Philippines
- 9. Boston, Massachusetts
- 10. St. Lucia
- 11. Athens, Greece
- 12. Alaska
- 13. Brazil
- 14. Turks and Caicos
- 15. Mallorca, Spain
- Final Thoughts
- Next Steps
15 Top Destinations from Television Dating Shows
According to the research, reality TV dating shows reach millions of people worldwide. And what’s not to love, especially when they take place in such enchanting locations?
If you’re feeling inspired to travel, take a look at these 15 alluring destinations showcased in television dating shows. Each makes for a romantic couples getaway — minus the drama of reality TV.
Love Island USA has been set in various locations, including Spain, Fiji, South Africa, and the United States.
Season 5 featured the romantic setting of Fiji, a string of volcanic islands located in the South Pacific.
The show offers travel inspiration with scenes of:
- A luxury villa
- White sandy beach
- Views to the Mamanuca islands
That’s an accurate depiction of what you can expect when you visit Fiji.
Known for its stunning tropical islands, crystal-clear waters, lush rainforests, and vibrant coral reefs, Fiji ranks high on many traveler’s bucket lists as a dream vacation.
Fiji’s Secluded overwater bungalows, beautiful sunsets, and intimate beachfront dining make it a popular honeymoon and romantic getaway destination, too.
It’s no wonder the television dating show, Love Island USA, chose Fiji for their location!
Average Cost of a Trip to Fiji
On average, you should budget about $2,500 for a one week trip for two to Fiji, excluding airfare. That’s quite reasonable for a romantic getaway to paradise!
Must-See Attractions in Fiji
Here are some suggestions for your itinerary when planning your own trip to Fiji.
- Yasawa Islands: A chain of remote, picturesque islands with pristine beaches and excellent diving and snorkeling.
- Nadi: A bustling hub offering cultural experiences and access to the famous Garden of the Sleeping Giant.
- Mamanuca Islands: Known for its resorts, these islands offer great opportunities for water sports and relaxation.
The television dating show Bachelor in Paradise is typically filmed in a beachy, tropical location such as Mexico or the Dominican Republic.
Specifically, Season 2 was filmed at the Playa Escondida Sayulita resort. You’ll find this lovely town in Vallarta-Nayarit, Mexico.
Mexico offers a range of delightful experiences throughout the country. When it comes to travel, Mexico is famous for its:
- Rich culture
- Delicious cuisine
- Historic sites
- Beautiful beaches
- Diverse landscapes
It has plenty of romantic appeal, too. As a couple, you’ll enjoy exploring the blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. Stroll Mexico’s charming colonial towns, stay at beachfront resorts, and embrace Mexico’s vibrant nightlife!
So, let’s take a closer look at traveling to Mexico.
Average Cost of a Trip to Mexico
You’ll want to plan on about $1,800 for a couples trip to Mexico, excluding airfare. That’s not much to pay for an unforgettable trip!
Must-See Attractions in Mexico
While you’ll have plenty of options to explore in Mexico, here are some of the top attractions you won’t want to miss.
- Chichen Itza: A UNESCO World Heritage Site with incredible ancient Mayan ruins
- Tulum: A coastal town with well-preserved Mayan ruins overlooking the gorgeous Caribbean Sea
- Playa del Carmen: A lively beach town known for its shopping, dining, and nightlife – what fun!
Related: These 9 Unmissable Mexico Experiences Will Uplevel Your Vacation
Ex on the Beach is a television dating show that has been filmed in places like Hawaii, Bali, and Spain. While Hawaii and Spain are excellent travel destinations, a trip to Bali is extraordinary!
Located in Southeast Asia (Indonesia), Bali is renowned for its:
- Stunning beaches
- Lush rice terraces
- Hindu temples
- Vibrant arts scene
You’ll discover a mix of mix of luxury resorts and romantic villas from which to choose. Plus, the serene atmosphere you’ll experience makes it a popular destination for honeymooners and couples.
Average Cost of a Trip to Bali
Southeast Asia is one of the more affordable destinations for travel, excluding airfare. A budget of about $1,000 should cover accommodations, food, transportation, attractions, and more here. Keep in mind that airfare may be costly, but once you’re on the ground, you’ll find Bali to be very affordable travel destination.
Must-See Attractions in Bali
When you visit Bali, be sure these attractions top your itinerary.
- Uluwatu Temple: A clifftop temple with mesmerizing ocean views and traditional Kecak dance performances
- Ubud: A cultural hub known for its art galleries, monkey forest, and lush rice paddies
- Nusa Penida: A nearby island with beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, and unique natural formations like Kelingking Beach.
Related: What to Do in Ubud, Bali? Walk the Beautiful Campuhan Ridge!
4. Puerto Rico
The different seasons of Are You The One? have been set in Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and New Orleans. Season 2 was filmed in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and makes a great getaway!
The Spanish speaking destination of Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States – which means US citizens can enjoy Puerto Rico’s rich history, vibrant culture, beautiful beaches, and lush rainforests without a passport.
This Caribbean paradise offers a blend of:
- Spanish colonial charm
- Senic landscapes
- Scluded beaches for couples.
Puerto Rico has great romantic appeal!
Average Cost of a Trip to Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico has great romantic appeal, and you’ll want to budget accordingly. The average cost of a one-week trip to Puerto Rico for two people is about $2,400, excluding airfare.
Must-See Attractions in Puerto Rico
There’s lots to see and do on this Caribbean archipelago on main island, four small islands, and hundreds of cays and islets. Here are some ‘must-see’ stops to incorporate into your travel plans.
- Old San Juan: A historic district with colorful buildings, cobblestone streets, and impressive forts
- El Yunque National Forest: A lush rainforest with hiking trails and stunning waterfalls
- Culebra Island: Known for Flamenco Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world
Related: 4 Day Puerto Rico Itinerary: Best Attractions in San Juan and Beyond
The TV dating show, Temptation Island, features film locations in destinations like Maui, Thailand, and Belize. Season 2 showcased Ko Samui, Thailand.
Thailand is a destination every traveler should have on their bucket list. It’s known for its:
- Bustling markets
- Ornate temples
- Delicious street food
- Stunning tropical islands — like Ko Samui.
This Southeast Asian gem offers a mix of cultural experiences, luxurious resorts, and beautiful beaches. Thailand is ideal for your romantic getaway!
Average Cost of a Trip to Thailand
Excluding airfare, you can expect a one-week, two-person trip to Thailand to average about $900, including incredible food and better, air conditioned accommodations.
Must-See Attractions in Thailand
When you visit, you’ll want to thoroughly explore this mesmerizing country. But, here are a few top attractions you won’t want to miss along the way.
- Bangkok: The capital city known for its vibrant street life and iconic temples like Wat Pho and Wat Arun.
- Chiang Mai: A charming city in the north with historic temples, night markets, and lush countryside.
- Phuket: Thailand’s largest island, known for its beautiful beaches and vibrant nightlife.
Related: Best Place to Visit in Thailand for First Timers? Top 7 Favorites
6. Dominican Republic
Many dating reality shows feature the romantic settings in the Dominican Republic. Paradise Hotel is one of them.
This tropical destination is the second largest nation in the Caribbean, sharing the island of Hispaniola with Haiti. It’s located between Cuba and Puerto Rico.
Known for its pristine beaches, diverse landscapes, and vibrant music and dance culture, a trip to the Dominican Republic is a perfect couples getwaway. You’ll find luxury resorts, secluded beaches, and tropical scenery that further it’s romantic appeal.
So, it’s no surprise the Dominican Republic is a top choice for couples and honeymooners.
Average Cost of a Trip to the Dominican Republic
Budget about $1,900 for your couples trip to the Dominican Republic, excluding airfare. That will cover a fabulous experience to the DR in the West Indies!
Must-See Attractions in the Dominican Republic
Have a look at these top attractions to get a feel for island-life while you’re visiting the Dominican Republic.
- Punta Cana: Famous for its all-inclusive resorts and stunning beaches like Bavaro Beach
- Santo Domingo: The capital city with a historic colonial zone and cultural attractions
- Samana Peninsula: Known for its whale watching, waterfalls, and lush natural beauty
7. New York City (NYC)
Film locations for one of the best matchmaking reality shows, Love at First Sight, include US cities like New York, Chicago, and Atlanta. When it comes to cities with the most, it’s hard to beat NYC.
Known for its iconic skyline, world-class museums, theater productions, and diverse culinary scene, a trip for two to “The Big Apple” is a must.
The city’s romantic appeal lies in its:
- Iconic landmarks
- Central Park strolls
- Romantic dining experiences
Average Cost of a Trip to New York City
A visit to New York City comes with a hefty price tag. Expect to pay about $4,500 to spend one week in NYC as a couple, excluding airfare. Rest assured, it’s money well spent, as few cities top the allure and action of “The City that Never Sleeps.”
Must-See Attractions in New York City
You’ll find countless things to see and do in New York City, as well as activities that suit just about any interest. However, be sure to get to these popular attractions when you visit.
- Central Park: A sprawling urban oasis with scenic views, boating, and charming bridges
- Statue of Liberty: A symbol of freedom and a must-visit landmark
- Times Square: The bustling heart of NYC known for its bright lights and Broadway theaters
Related: 5 Best New York Food Tours: Where to Savor the Flavors of NYC!
Dating Naked, a television dating show that featured nude contestant (excluding the most private parts), has been filmed in various tropical destinations, including Panama and the Philippines.
The Philippines is known for its stunning beaches, vibrant marine life, lush rice terraces, and welcoming locals. You’ll enjoy a tropical paradise with:
- Secluded islands
- Frystal-clear waters
- Opportunities for adventure and relaxation alike
Located in Southeast Asia (eastern rim of the Asiatic Mediterranean, specifically), the Philippines is a mountainous archipelago of over 7,000 islands and islets, and as many as 100 active volcanoes.
Average Cost of a Trip to the Philippines
You can experience an amazing escape to the Philippines for an average weekly cost under $1,000 per couple, excluding airfare.
Must-See Attractions in the Philippines
With so many islands and experiences you can have in the Philippines, it’s hard to narrow it down. However, here are three attractions you’ll want to consider adding to your Philippines itinerary when you visit.
- Palawan: Known for El Nido and Coron, offering breathtaking limestone cliffs and hidden lagoons
- Boracay: A popular island known for its white-sand beaches and vibrant nightlife
- Chocolate Hills: A natural wonder in Bohol with thousands of cone-shaped hills
Related: Travel Tips (Philippines): How to Prepare for a Trip to the Philippines
9. Boston, Massachusetts
Different seasons of the reality TV dating show, Married at First Sight, have been set in various U.S. cities, including New York, Miami, and Boston.
If you haven’t been to Boston, Massachusetts yet, it’s a great place to visit. This walkable, historic city in coastal New England is known for its:
- Rich history
- Prestigious universities
- Sports culture
- Historic landmarks
Boston offers a blend of history, culture, and waterfront charm, making it a romantic destination for couples.
Average Cost of a Trip to Boston
Like most city escapes, spending a week in Boston will set you back a few bucks. Lodging and dining are at a premium – but well worth it. As a couple, budget about $3,500, excluding airfare.
Must-See Attractions in Boston, MA
You’ll discover all kinds of things to do in “Beantown,” but here are a few must-see attractions to tick off your list.
- Freedom Trail: A historic trail that takes you to 16 important Revolutionary War sites in Boston
- Fenway Park: The iconic home of the Boston Red Sox, great for sports fans!
- Boston Public Garden: A tranquil park with swan boats and beautiful gardens in the heart of the city. It’s one of several public parks designed by Frederick Law Olmsted that make up Boston’s “Emerald Necklace.
Related: Old North Church: How to Maximize Your Visit to Boston’s Historic Landmark
10. St. Lucia
The Bachelor is one of the most popular television dating series, and it’s been filmed around the world. From Agoura Hills, California, throughout the US, and in Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia.
But in Season 18, the reality TV dating show was held in the beautiful destination of St. Lucia.
This Caribbean island is known for its breathtaking natural beauty. This includes lush rainforests, volcanic peaks (the Pitons), and pristine beaches. A couples escape to St. Lucia is the perfect blend of adventure and relaxation.
- Luxurious resorts
- Stunning sunsets
- Plenty of secluded spots for romantic moments
Average Cost of a Trip to St. Lucia
As a couple, you’ll want to budget about $2,750 per week, excluding airfare. Add more if you want to do various activities, stay at a better hotel, and feast on exceptional food. The best bet might be to opt for an all-inclusive resort in St. Lucia. That way, you can enjoy your experiences to the fullest without worrying about spending.
Must-See Attractions in St. Lucia
When you visit St. Lucia, here are some popular attractions you won’t want to miss.
- The Pitons: Gros Piton and Petit Piton are iconic twin volcanic peaks and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sulphur Springs: The world’s only drive-in volcano, where you can soak in mud baths
- Pigeon Island National Park: A historic site with ruins, hiking trails, and panoramic views
11. Athens, Greece
Like The Bachelor, The Bachelorette is among the most popular television dating shows. In fact, it’s in its twentieth season in 2023! Most agree it’s one of the best dating reality shows.
And, as you can imagine, the show has been filmed in beautiful destinations throughout the world. From various US cities, European cities, Asia, South America, Canada, the Middle East, The Bachelorette is well-traveled.
But perhaps one of the most idyllic locations in which the television dating show took place was Athens, Greece. Greece makes an amazing couples getaway.
With it’s rich history, ancient ruins, delicious cuisines, and picturesque scenery, Athens belongs on everyone’s bucket list. Plus, it’s the birthplace of democracy and Western civilization!
As a romantic destination, the city blends history, a welcoming culture, and a Mediterranean atmosphere to create truly unforgettable experiences. From charming neighborhoods to romantic rooftop dining options, Athens has it all.
Average Cost of a Trip to Athens, Greece
Budget about $2,200 when you plan a week’s vacation for two in Athens, excluding airfare. You’ll find the food and activity prices are very reasonable – there’s just so much to see and do here! Plus, you can land some luxury accommodations for lower prices than you might expect.
Must-See Attractions in Athens, Greece
No trip to Athens is complete without seeing the following popular attractions.
- Acropolis: The ancient citadel with iconic structures like the Parthenon (and be sure to visit the Acropolis Museum for a deeper understanding)
- Plaka: A picturesque old neighborhood with narrow streets, shops, and tavernas
- Temple of Olympian Zeus: An impressive ancient temple near the Acropolis, also known as Olympieion.
Related: Traveling to Greece on a Budget: How to Penny-Pinch in Paradise
Remember The Love Boat? This classic dating-themed TV series set on a cruise ship featured various ports of call. The show ran from 1977 – 1986.
While the show wasn’t filmed on location, fictional locations that were featured included places like Acapulco, Alaska, Hawaii, the Caribbean, and many more.
So, let’s take a look at planning an amazing vacation to Alaska. It’s a great cruise destination!
Alaska is known for its stunning natural landscapes. This includes glaciers, fjords, wildlife, and vast wilderness. Alaska is rich with opportunities for:
- Wildlife viewing
- Outdoor adventures
- Cozy cabins in remote settings
This makes Alask a perfect getaway for couples!
Together you’ll experience the unique and rugged beauty of this large, extreme northwestern US state that’s just 55 miles or so from Russia.
Average Cost of a Trip to Alaska
So, a trip to Alaska tips the scales at about $3,404 for one week per person, excluding airfare. Budget lodging is relatively expensive (about $175/night), and transportation, excursions, and dining are costly as well.
While you do have some flexibility in your budget and time when you plan your own land tours, you might be surprised to find that taking a cruise nets out about the same, price wise. Better yet, much of the planning work will be done for you!
Must-See Attractions in Alaska
When you are in Alaska, be sure to incorporate these stunning attractions into your Alaska itinerary.
- Denali National Park: Home to North America’s highest peak, Mount McKinley (Denali)
- Glacier Bay National Park: Witness massive tidewater glaciers and marine wildlife
- Kenai Fjords National Park: Explore fjords, glaciers, and the coastal ecosystem
Related: Why Fly Northern Pacific Airways for Non-Stop Flights to Anchorage Alaska?
90-Day Fiancé is a popular reality TV series that primarily focuses on the relationships between American citizens and their foreign fiancés or partners who come to the United States on a K-1 visa. This show features various couples and their unique stories.
The locations featured in this television dating show include both domestic and international settings, such as the US, Russia, the Philippines, Brazil, and others.
Let’s consider a couples trip to Brazil!
This South American country in known for its stunning natural beauty, vibrant culture, and lively cities.
It’s also famous for:
- The Amazon rainforest
- Diverse wildlife
- Samba music
- Carnival festival
When it comes to romantic appeal, you’ll have the opportunity to experience a diverse range of romantic experiences. This might include relaxing on beautiful beaches, exploring lush rainforests, and enjoying the passionate local culture.
Average Cost of a Trip to Brazil
Expect to spend about $1,250 as a couple for a one-week vacation to Brazil, excluding airfare. But keep in mind, flights can be expensive!
Must-See Attractions in Brazil
These attractions help make Brazil a perfectly romantic destination for couples.
- Iguazu Falls: Located on the border between Brazil and Argentina, these waterfalls are one of the most awe-inspiring natural wonders in the world.
- Copacabana and Ipanema Beaches, Rio de Janeiro: The iconic beaches of Rio de Janeiro provide a romantic setting for sunbathing, strolling along the promenades, and enjoying beachside cocktails while watching the sunset.
- Historic District of Salvador: The Pelourinho district in Salvador, Bahia, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its colorful colonial architecture, lively music, and vibrant culture. Exploring its narrow streets hand in hand can be a romantic adventure!
Related: 10 Best Ecotourism Destinations in South America That Eco Travellers Will Love
14. Turks and Caicos
Scenes from the television dating show, Too Hot To Handle, includes gorgeous destinations like Mexico and Turks and Caicos.
With pristine white-sand beaches, crystal-clear turquoise waters, and vibrant coral reefs, Turks and Caicos is nothing short of a tropical paradise. You’ll find this British Overseas Territory located in the Atlantic Ocean, southeast of the Bahamas.
It’s truly a dream destination for couples seeking a romantic getaway. You can look forward to secluded beaches, luxurious resorts, and a tranquil atmosphere. Plus, you’ll likely see all kinds of marine life, like dolphins, tropical fish, turtles, and other creatures.
Average Cost of a Trip to Turks and Caicos
Plan to spend about $4,500 dollars for a one-week couples vacation, excluding airfare. There’s no getting around the fact that Turks and Caicos is an expensive destination. But how do you put a price tag on Paradise?
Must-See Attractions in Turks and Caicos
When you plan your trip to Turks and Caicos, look to these must-see attractions.
- Grace Bay Beach: One of the world’s most beautiful beaches with powdery sand and calm waters, perfect for leisurely walks and sunset views
- Chalk Sound National Park: A stunning turquoise lagoon dotted with small cays and surrounded by limestone cliffs, ideal for kayaking and paddleboarding
- Smith’s Reef: A fantastic snorkeling and diving spot, known for its colorful coral formations and marine life
15. Mallorca, Spain
You might recognize Mallorca, Spain from Season 10 of the hit television dating series, Love Island (UK).
This beautiful destination is the largest of Spain’s Balearic Islands and is known for its Mediterranean beauty, historic towns, and vibrant nightlife.
Mallorca offers a mix of:
- Scenic landscapes
- Charming villages
- Cultural experiences
It’s an ideal destination for a couples getaway!
Average Cost of a Trip to Mallorca, Spain
Budget about $2,000 for a week in Mallorca, Spain as a couple, excluding airfare. That way, you’ll easily have enough to cover your accommodations, activities and excursions, and meals.
Must-See Attractions in Mallorca, Spain
If you’re planning your itinerary for Mallorca, Spain, keep these attractions top of mind.
- Palma de Mallorca: The island’s capital is home to stunning architecture, including the Gothic-style Palma Cathedral, and a beautiful historic old town
- Serra de Tramuntana: A UNESCO World Heritage-listed mountain range with picturesque villages, hiking trails, and panoramic views.
- Valldemossa: A charming village known for its historic Carthusian monastery, beautiful gardens, and traditional Spanish character.
Related: First Time to Spain? 27 Top Spain Travel Tips to Plan the Best Trip!
Final Thoughts on Television Dating Show Destinations
Now that you know these 15 stunning destinations inspired by popular television dating shows, it’s time to start making your plan of action. Then, you can travel to some of the most beautiful places showcased on reality TV. They really do exist!
You just need to recast the leading roles and go have the time of your life!
For more on travel inspired by media and other romantic getaways, read these articles next:
When to Visit 36 Dreamy Destinations
You will instantly receive the FREE Month-by-Month Destination Guide